Let’s start with SEO:
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
It is a powerful technique that makes your website more visible in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and many more. SEO also helps to increase the targeted traffic to your website through organic search results (unpaid).
The keyword is an important element for SEO.
While picking a keyword it is important to look for metrics like search volume, keyword difficulty, CPC, and article that already ranks for similar keyword in google. Normally a content has a short tail keyword, long-tail keyword, local keyword in it.
What is Copywriting?
In simple words, Copywriting is an ability to impress, influence, and engage the target audience which ultimately converts them into potential buyers.
Copywriting is one of the most powerful factors for a marketing strategy that can change the whole game either for an online business or offline business.
Copywriting is different from content writing as content writing includes blogs, scripts, planning processes, whereas copywriting refers to promotional material.
The most amusing part of copywriting is that copywriters are the highest paid people around the globe. Isn’t that interesting?
While you have got some idea on what SEO is and what Copywriting is all about. How do these two play a vital role in the search engine result page (SERP)?
Finally, what is SEO Copywriting?
SEO Copywriting is the skill to write an impressive message with admirable keywords that captivate people and encourage them to take any action, it could reply to your message, click on the advertisement, or even purchase your product.
Content should be interesting, educational, delightful, and shareable for website visitors which also makes a positive impact on your search ranking.
Content must be logical enough that Google can understand what your content is about. This helps your webpage ranks higher in the search engine result page (SERP).
To better rank your website, you can follow these steps:
- Text length should contain at least 300 words in an article.
- You must always make the topic clear and introduce the focus key phrase in the first paragraph of your article for better SEO ranking.
- Use an adequate number of key phrases in your content and scatter in the subheading of your article. But avoid keyword stuffing.
- Key phrase length also matters in the ranking, don’t choose a key phrase that is too short or too long.
- The focus keyword should appear in your content according to your text length, which is keyword density.
- Summarizing the description of the text with the keyword is most likely searchable in the search engine, which is called the key phrase meta description.
- Using the key phrase in slug makes it easier to read for readers and search engines. Slug is the part of the URL that classifies the page. For example; https://www.thelivingsecrets.com/travelling/
- Try and use a different key phrase for every article you write.
- Alt-text is necessary for the images you post on your article, where the reader knows what’s image is and what is its function on the page.
- Internal linking is important to rank higher, internal link meaning taking your readers from one page to another page within the same website.
- An outbound link is also equally important to SEO users, it is to take your readers on another website from yours. both internal and external links help to decrease the bounce rates which ultimately leads to better ranking.
How to write SEO friendly copy?
If you don’t know what SEO is then you can visit my other article about SEO (http://marketdoer.com/seo-service-in-nepal/).
To write SEO friendly copy, your content should be fascinating and admirable with an adequate keyword.
Here are 5 important tips to write SEO friendly article:
Always choose a topic where you can use multiple keywords and LSI keywords in your content, which helps to reach the targeted audiences and drive traffic through the search engine. Some of the tools you can use for keywords:
Avoid Keyword stuffing:
The keyword is the most essential component when it comes to writing an article when it is used adequately. Using keyword helps you rank higher but at the same time if you stuff keyword in the article you’ll lose the elegance of your content. Generally, Google will place your article as spam. This will bring a negative impact on your website.
Use the internal and external link:
Using the internal and external links on your webpage helps your website rank higher and decrease the bounce rate. An internal link is to guide your reader from one page of your website to another page of your website. An external link or outbound link is to lead your readers to
Readability of your content impacts the search engine which helps your website improve in ranking in Google.
You can improve your readability by following these steps:
- Avoid making consecutive sentences meaning do not start a sentence with the same word repeatedly.
- Use more transition words to relate your sentence or even paragraph for example: but, so, and.
- Work in the length of your article which is deliberate by the number of words used.
- You should be clearer about what you are trying to deliver to your reader so, avoid the use of passive voice in your content.
- The article should always be divided into subheadings, as a result, readers can choose the subheading and go through it without wasting their time.
- Always keep your paragraph short and sweet that readers don’t get fatigued with long paragraphs.
- Try to break your sentence with a comma, full stop, question mark which will make your sentence smaller and easy to understand.